Our annual Families First event welcomes family members of first-time college students (also known as first-generation students), to the U of M community. You are an important part of your student’s experience and we look forward to having you as part of the Gopher family. As this may be your first experience navigating a university environment, we want to include you as a member of our Gopher family.
This exciting evening includes:
- Connecting with other families of first-generation students
- Networking with university staff and students who are and who work with first generation students
- A panel of experienced students and staff ready to share with you some of the in’s and out’s of experiencing the university for the first time
- The unique opportunity to listen and watch as the incoming students attend Pride & Spirit, a special U of M tradition
- Watching your student participate in one of the University’s significant first-year traditions
- And of course, mingling, refreshments, and delicious appetizers!